Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Starting a weight loss journey


I'm happy in love. Which means I'm fat. Most of you who know me will say I'm not fat, that I'm crazy. Well I feel fat. My pants don't fit, I have a beer belly and my weight is 4 pounds from my highest ever non-pregnancy weight. I don't like how I look and feel. And I need to document what I'm doing so that I can be accountable. My goal is ~1 pound a week. Looks like I will need to eat about 1200 calories a day to do this. 1250 actually, according to My Fitness Pal. I will also do some sort of exercise 4 days a week. Two days I'm going to walk/jog/run for a total of 30 minutes, and two days I will do some strength training. I will try to post daily to let you know how things have gone.

So, here's where I expect to get off track. These have been my downfall in the past.
- My husband can eat lots more than I can and not gain weight. I sadly can keep up with him and gain weight.
- I lose focus or get distracted and it takes me days to get back on track.
- I'm not a big fan of exercising, especially by myself. It's even harder considering my work schedule is jacked up and my exercise usually occurs at 4am.
- Alcohol. I love me some wine and beer. It's not a low cal treat though.

Here's my goals:
- Eat an average of 1300 calories a day including an apple or some other fruit and veggies. Apples are always around my house so that's why I chose them.
- Lose 5 pounds by Thanksgiving, 10 pounds by January 15. That gives me 8 weeks to lose 5 pounds. My ultimate goal is 15 pounds, but that's far off.
- Four days of exercise a week, more if I can fit it in (perhaps convince the hubby to go on a bike ride?)
- Post daily shots of MyFitnessPal to keep me on track.
- Plan meals a week or two in advance so I'm never wondering what to eat and reaching for a slice of cake instead of something healthy.
- Drink a liter of water daily.

Anyone want to join me? Here's today's calorie count and my before picture. Eek!







Love,
Tres

No comments: